Smores Cookie Recipe
My Smores Cookie Recipe has all the goodness of smores and cookies wrapped up into one! Awhile back, I attended a luncheon where The Meringue Bake Shop included their S’mores Cookies in the swag bags. Oh my, they were delightful! They were truly the inspiration to my quick and easy recipe. Make no mistake, these cookies are not like theirs. Meringue Bake Shop’s cookies are homemade and taste like they’re homemade! This is my cake-mix cookie short cut version. They are yummy and the kids gobbled them up quickly! I even made them for a bake sale and they were the first thing to sell out!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 12 Marshmallows, halved
- 6 Mini Hershey Bars, cut into 4 equal parts
- 6 Graham Crackers, each square broken into 4 equal parts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil until well blended.
- Drop 1 TBSP dough balls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Slightly flatten each dough ball.
- Bake for no more than 7 minutes. If your oven runs hot, reduce heat to 325deg and check at 6 min.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and add half a marshmallow and chocolate square on each cookie and carefully press down with graham cracker.
- Return to over for 1 minute and 30 seconds, then remove from oven.
- Chocolate and marshmallow will be melted. Slightly push the graham crackers down, if needed.
- Cool on wire rack.
- If the chocolate hasn't hardened enough, pop in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Store in sealed container.
For more yummy recipes, check out my list of over 20 Smores Inspired Treats!