Some of you may know that I post a Daily TIP Of the Day on Facebook. If you missed them, you can find the recap here every friday!
- To remove plaque on a retainer, soak it in white vinegar for 30-60 minutes. (Soak it in its retainer case to sanitize that at the same time!) Then clean, as usual, with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- If your pan spills over in the oven while baking, sprinkle table salt over the spill. It will prevent the burning odor while you finish baking. Once the oven is cool, clean as usual.
- To remove build up from your flat iron or curling iron, use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol to clean. If build up persists, try scrubbing with a soft tooth brush. When done, rinse with a damp cloth. Make sure the tool is unplugged prior to cleaning and completely dry before using again. (And if you don’t want to use rubbing alcohol, I’ve heard you can make a paste of baking soda and water to clean with. I am planning to try it this week.)
- To remove baked on food from pots and pans, place a dryer sheet in the pan and fill with water. Allow to sit overnight and wipe clean the next morning.
- Grinding about 3 TBSP of white uncooked rice and a pinch of baking soda in your coffee or spice grinder will help to remove the oils and odors left behind. When done, wipe clean with paper towel. (If your paper towel is damp, make sure the inside of the grinder is completely dry before grinding again)