Toothpaste can be used for many other tasks besides cleaning your teeth and today I will share 7 of them with you! I love that it is an inexpensive cleaning product! I purchased this 2.8 oz tube in the travel-size section at Target for $1.02 and it will go a long way!
1. Jewelry Cleaner – I’ve heard many different opinions on this, but the only time I use toothpaste to clean jewelry is when its Sterling Silver. Simply dampen the piece of jewelry, rub in a tiny amount of white toothpaste and then rinse. Watch the dirt and tarnish disappear! I use it to clean my Tiffany necklace all the time! This method has not worked for me with gold or costume jewelry.
2. Pimples – Cleanse your face and dab a tiny amount of toothpaste on your blemishes. Leave on overnight. In the morning, the pimple will usually reduce in size and there should be a reduction in redness as well.
3. Water Stains on Wood – I’ve been searching for a way to get water rings off my dining table. I’ve tried white vinegar, baking soda paste, mayonnaise, and none worked. Out of frustration, I tried toothpaste for lack of a better idea and it worked! Now I don’t have an expensive table and knew there was a risk of rubbing off the finish, but it didn’t. I would test in an inconspicuous spot underneath, before using, just to be safe.
4. Clean Bathroom Hardware – I have tried so many ways to remove hard water spots from the hardware in my bathroom and I found that toothpaste works! You can read more about that HERE.
5. Remove Build Up from an Iron – The bottom of your iron can sometimes get a sticky buildup of residue. When cool, gently rub in a bit of toothpaste, then rinse with a clean, damp cloth. The grime should wipe right off!
6. Shoe Scuffs – The whites rubber soles on shoes, such as Converse or Vans, often get dirt and scuffs. This area, also known as the “foxing”, will easily come clean when you buff them out with a little toothpaste. Wipe clean with a damp paper towel and you’re done!
7. Headlight Cleaner – My friend at XOXODarya swears by using toothpaste to clean headlights on your car! Simply buff the headlights with some toothpaste and a soft cloth, then rinse and dry. While I didn’t get significant results on my own car, I have seen a remarkable difference on others.