Nothing beats this super easy Chicken Enchilada Soup on a chilly day! What makes it even better is that you make it in your crock pot in about 3 hours!
Crock Post Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 Lg Chicken Breasts (I used frozen)
- Easy Enchilada Sauce (recipe) (Or you can use 1 large can, about 19 oz*)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes, undrained (I used Mild Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes and Chilies)
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 Can Corn, drained
- 1/2 Onion, Medium, Chopped
- 3 TBSP Cilantro, Fresh, Minced
- Shredded Cheddar, Sour Cream, Avocado, Tortilla Chips – Optional for garnish
(*If you use the large can of enchilada sauce instead, you may need to add some chicken broth if there is not enough for the pot of soup. This may affect the thickness of the broth in this recipe)
Line the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray.
I began with 2 frozen chicken breasts. I only had about 3 hours until dinner, so I cut them into 1 inch cubes for faster cooking. Add chicken and remaining ingredients to crock pot. Stir and cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hrs. Shred chicken when done. Serve with any combination of cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, and/or tortilla chips. This recipe made about 6 bowls of soup, which was perfect for our family of 4. Can easily be doubled.
Two of my family members do not care much for soup. To my surprise, everyone ate it, without a single complaint. The soup was thick and somewhat similar to chili. It really was quite good. I think next time I may add some green chilies. I have already been asked when we’ll be having it again!