Fall is here and the chill is in the air, so what better time to meal plan with over 21 amazing soup recipes!
So many great ideas to add to your weekly meal plan!
I grew up eating soup and I just love it! Some of my favorite food bloggers have shared their favorite soup recipes with us and I am so excited to start making them! I am going to begin with one soup that I have made before and change it up every time I eat it! Tomato soup is one of my very favorites and what I love about this Weeknight Italian Tomato Soup is how many ways you can serve it. Its a great recipe and I have made a slightly different version of it a handful of times since I discovered it last June. Here is how I’ve been making it:
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Large Pinch of Oregano
- Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 C White Wine
- 2 C Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 2 C Marinara Sauce, but I use Newman’s Own Sockarooni Sauce (has great flavor!)
Over medium heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir. Add the wine, then broth and heat to just under boiling. Now add in your tomato sauce and heat for another couple of minutes, until warm.
Now here is the fun part! You can add such a variety of ingredients to this soup! The original has orzo and shrimp – YUM! I usually make this soup plain as a base and eat it a few different ways until its all gone! Here are some of my favorites:
- Add precooked noodles, rice or tortellini.
- If using noodles or tortellini, add sausage or meatballs.
- Shredded chicken, a crusty toasted slice of Italian Bread and top with melted mozzarella.
- Shredded chicken, sliced jalapeños and sour cream
- Avocado, corn, serrano peppers, sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips
- Seasoned ground turkey, kale, crushed red pepper, topped with blue cheese or gorgonzola crusted croutons
- Spinach, Calamata Olives and a side of warm pita bread.
I could keep going and going, but you get the idea! The possibilities are endless!
Don’t those croutons look amazing too? They are so easy to make! First you toast (or grill) some slices of leftover baguettes. While toasting, mix some softened butter with some cheese crumbles. (I used Gorgonzola) Once the bread is toasty, spread the butter/cheese mixture over the bread then place in a oven or toaster oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from heat and let stand another few minutes before serving. Seriously, they are fantastic!
And now, on to the rest of the Amazing Soup Recipes! Which one are you going to make first?
Which amazing soup recipe will you try first?