5 Beauty Tips For Spring
In case you missed it on Facebook, here is last week’s recap for my TIPs Of the Day. The theme for the week was “Getting Ready For Spring”.
1. Get rid of that dry, flaky winter skin! Begin by exfoliating. Its as simple as using a loofah sponge or even a wash cloth! For even better results use a gentle body scrub. If you would like to make your own, find a recipe HERE.
2. Do you have dry and cracked winter lips?
Get them gloss-ready by coating your lips with a small amount of Vaseline. Then use a soft toothbrush to gently work it into all the crevices of your lips. (Use a new toothbrush) Do this before bed and your lips should feel soft in the morning.
* Most importantly, DRINK WATER. LOTS of it! It really makes a difference!
3. Prepare your hair for Spring and Summer with deep conditioning treatments. Apply coconut oil to damp hair and comb it through. Pin it up or wrap it with a hot towel, just out of the dryer. Leave on between 30-60 minutes, depending on length, then shampoo. Repeat 1-4 times per month.
4. Polish and whiten your teeth by mixing 1/2 tsp each of coconut oil and baking soda. Then apply some of the mixture onto your toothbrush and polish your teeth. Rinse, then brush, as usual with toothpaste.
I tried this and it removed more coffee stain from my teeth and they felt so smooth, just like after a cleaning at the dentist! I do this 1-2 times per week.
5. For pretty, natural nails, begin with exfoliating and moisturizing your hands. Push back your cuticles, trim and shape your nails. Then, instead of polish that will peel off right away, opt for buffing! After paying $5 extra to have my nails buffed, I purchased buffing cream and a chamois nail buffer for $12. Now I do it myself and my nails are always glossy and looking fabulous!