I made this One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta in under 30 minutes and so can you! 10 minutes for prep and 20 minutes to cook! How awesome is that? In just a few weeks, our afternoons and evenings will look like this – carpool, homework, activities, dinner, more homework, then bed. This will sum up at least 4 days a week for us. Unless I make dinner before the kids get home from school, which won’t happen every day, I will be needing quick and easy meals to make in the small pockets of time I will have in between. Growing up, I was lucky to live on the same street as both of my grandparents. Several nights per week, we had family dinners where one of my grandmas prepared wonderful meals that we all enjoyed. I don’t have the 2+ hours each day to cook dinner, so I have recreated faster, easier versions of the same meals I loved as a kid, into 30 minute meals. One pot meals are a great way to do that.
Sausage and peppers have always been a family favorite. Its not a difficult meal to make, but first you would par-boil the sausage, then grill or broil the links with peppers and onions, then cook some pasta and that all takes way more than 30 minutes. More like an hour plus! Today I am going to share my recipe using the New RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic pasta sauce. I chose this variety because it is a thicker, heartier, homestyle sauce flavored with roasted garlic, which is perfect for this dish!
One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Pepper, diced, or 6-8 Mini Peppers, diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 4 Chicken Sausage Links, pre-cooked.
- 1 Jar RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 3/4 Cup Water or Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 12 oz Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, minced or cut into ribbons
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil, minced or cut into ribbons
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Cup Fresh Mozzarella, sliced (or can substitute shredded)
- Red Pepper Flakes, optional