- 2 Cups White Rice (I use Jasmine)
- 4-6 TBSP Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Clove Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1 Can Tomato Paste mixed with 1 can water
- 4 cups chicken stock (I use the Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock)
Begin by heating oil in a large skillet. Add rice and lightly brown while stirring continuously.
Next, add the chopped onion and cook for a few minutes until slightly translucent.
Mix in the cumin and garlic, stir well.
Then add about 3/4 cup tomato paste mixture and chicken stock.
Mix well, cover and simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. When done, fluff with fork and add salt to taste, if desired.
*My rice cooked pretty quickly. By 15 min, it began to adhere to the pan, so I added the remaining tomato paste mixture, mixed well and continued cooking for about another 5 min.