This all natural strawberry sorbet is refreshing, delicious, and made in your Vitamix! Warmer weather is here and its time to start start using our Vitamix for frozen treats like sorbet, ice cream, shakes and slushies! Through the colder months, I use it for soups, sauces, salsa and healthy smoothies. Lately, I’ve been making a sweet frozen treat that I didn’t mind the kiddos having as an after school snack! It is healthy, delicious and not full of sugar!
You can also make this same recipe using the fruit of your choice. Frozen fruit works best, because using ice cubes can sometimes “water down” the flavor. I choose to use almond milk, but you can use water or natural fruit juice in its place. The almond milk gave the sorbet a more creamy consistency, while remaining dairy free!
I am often asked if you can make this in a regular blender. I have not actually tried, so I am not sure, but I would certainly try it out because at the very least, you will have an awesome, frosty smoothie!
And if you think this sounds awesome, check out my Lime Sorbet recipe too!
Natural Strawberry Sorbet
- 3 Cups Organic Frozen Stawberries
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 TBSP Organic Coconut Sugar
- Chocolate Chips, optional
- Add the strawberries, coconut sugar and almond milk in your Vitamix.
- Begin on Variable 1 and quickly increase to Variable 10.
- Use the tamper to push ingredients down to blend.
- Switch on to High setting.
- Continue to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve into small bowls and top with chocolate chips, if desired.
- I used unsweetened organic almond milk. You can also make your own. Here is the recipe and instructions from Vitamix. (https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes/A/L/Almond-or-Cashew-Milk)